2012 is going to be quite the year for me actually! Here's why:
- I'm moving to a new city...and having my own place for the first time! I've been procrastinating about this for the past two years, but the time has come and it's really happening! I'm moving to Fort Worth! Yay! I've been rooming with my sister and brother-in-law for quite a while now and they are buying their first home! I really have no other option, but that's good...this is the push I needed to finally go for it. I have an interview this Thursday and I'm sooo nervous! Wish me luck!
- I'm losing weight and getting in shape this year. Over the past three years I've steadily put on about 20 lbs that I never had before now. I started Weight Watchers in mid-December and have lost 5 lbs so far! 5 down 15 to go! I've found the point system to be so helpful and tracking my daily food intake has really been an eye opener! And to be honest...I have so much fun with all of the tracking! Once I get moved into my new place (hopefully by the end of the month!), I'll have the extra space and privacy to do my video workouts...30 Day Shred/Tae-Bo/P90 here I come!
- I'm going to read at least 24 books! In 2011 I read a total of 18 books (and loved them ALL!) and I'm determined to make it to 24 this year. 2 per month? I got this.
- Learn more about making soap! I really want to explore melt and pour soap a bit more, and I REALLY want to successfully make cold-process soap. Aside from soap I also want to learn more about/make lots of lotions,body butters,lip balms,salt/sugar scrubs,bath bombs, and pretty much anything you'd find in a bath/body store. So fun!!!
- Spend more time outdoors! When I was very small I spent nearly EVERY waking hour outdoors. As I got older and having a computer in the house became the norm...I slowly retreated indoors and became a hermit in my bedroom. I like being a hermit in my bedroom...but I spend WAY too much of my down time sitting in my room and mostly playing on the computer. I NEED more time outdoors. I feel like technology has taken over my life and I want to get back in touch with nature. I plan on going on lots of walks/hikes this year and I really want to go camping a lot too. I need to find some outdoor hobbies...kayaking, birdwatching, camping, hiking, tree climbing! Any ideas?
What are you doing in 2012?