I was inspired by Caitlin's very honest post over on her blog To Make Love Stay about how honest and true to herself that she is on her blog. She takes pride in the fact that she portrays herself exactly how she is in person and I love that. If you've never visited her blog before, please take a moment right now and visit her by clicking here!
There's a lot more to my story than what I'm sharing today (which I'll share at another time I promise!), but I have had a serious problem comparing myself to others since 7th grade. When I started following blogs I won't deny the fact that I fell head over heels for the picture perfect life that I so enjoyed seeing and reading about. The adorable outfits, the so well put together home decor, and the handmade lifestyle. I also won't deny the following:
- I never do outfit posts because I keep telling myself to wait until I have a new wardrobe. Until I have really cute outfits to share. I don't go shopping very often because I honestly can't afford it (mostly because after I pay bills I spend a lot of my money of books and movies). If you were to take a look at my wardrobe you'd find a couple pairs of jeans, plain t-shirts, sweats and basketball shorts, a few cute tunic tops, and a few cute dresses. One pair of nike running shoes, 2 pair of TOMS shoes which is what I'm normally wearing...the fabric is starting to come off the toes because I literally wear them EVERY day, and a pair of flip flops that are hiding somewhere...the dog may have actually chewed them up I really don't know anymore.
- I've never shared photos of 'my space' before because (as you're about to see) 'my space' is a total disaster area! I currently live with my sister and her husband and I mostly just live in my bedroom. I occasionally venture out to socialize every few days for a few minutes...but I'm really a hermit mostly :) I like my me time. The fact that I have a rather small room and I'm in here at all times when I'm not at work...I make a mess. This is something that I need to work on and when I move to my new place...I plan on taking the bare minimum and being clutter-free. The less stuff I have...the less of a mess I can make right?
Sooo after reading Caitlin's post I was inspired to be honest and share the real me...the me that I'm too afraid to put out there because I want to project a perfect image of what I want/wish my life was right now. I guess the reason I felt the real need to post this is because I want to stop comparing myself to others and just be me. Maybe this is me giving myself a push. Are you ready?
1) This is where I sleep. I don't normally make my bed in the mornings...I sometimes do...but usually I don't. I also leave my computer sitting on my bed and my phone if I'm charging it. Oh and a book too!
2) This is my desk. I don't normally use my desk. I don't know if you've noticed yet...but take a look at the seat of my chair. It's falling apart! I'd love to repaint this desk and repair the seat cushion. That will be a future before/after post because I plan on keeping that desk. You can also see my little dvd player sitting in the lower left of the photo...I've made no attempt at concealing the connection cord which would easily just fit right over the back of the tv. Okay I'm fixing that right now! Fixed.
3) This is my little book shelf. The remainder of my books are at the bottom of my other shelf or in my closet. As you can see the shelves have been taken over by dvds. I'll watch them and set them there when I put a new one in instead of walking four feet in the opposite direction to place them on my actual DVD shelf. I'm sure you've also noticed the pizza box and trash bags. I need to take those out. Obviously this is just me being incredibly lazy! Oh and the litter box and hutch I just sat there a couple of days ago after cleaning Daisy's living space. She's outgrown the litter box and hutch. And yes-that litter box is clean :)
Just for fun, here are a few of the most recent movies I've watched:
4)This is how dirty my floor is right now. Daisy will be moving into a much bigger more luxurious space in a month (hopefully sooner!), but for now she resides in an indoor rabbit/ferret cage. She constantly kicks carefresh out and it ends up being tracked through my room within a matter of a day or so. Brando also sheds like crazy and his white hair shows up really well too. It's everywhere! Oh and by the way: my socks almost NEVER match :)
5) And this is what I look like today. I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt with The Comedian from the movie Watchmen. I'm comfortable.