This year my resolutions are to:
- Get into shape: My plan is to run 3-4 days per week and to follow a strength training routine 3 days per week. I may start a fitness/progress post weekly ;)
- Try a new recipe once a week: I've fallen in love with the Cooking Light cookbooks. They're amazing!
- Build a new wardrobe: The past few years have been a bit tight on money but I'm getting more comfortable. Most of what's in my closet at the moment is not me at all anymore. My closet definitely needs a makeover! I'll be making frequent visits to Forever21 (when I've got the extra money ;)
- Blog more: This one is obvious. I've finally gotten serious about blogging and what to make it the best it can be. I love to write and share and learn. What could be more of a perfect fit than to blog?
- Create more: I'm working on getting my etsy shop up and running. I have so many ideas and I'll definitely be sharing them as I go.
- Read one book a week: This one is going to be tough but I can do it. I have an hour lunch break everyday that I can use for this. I am also going to try to reserve time before bed each night for this as well.
- Bake more: I love baking. I don't do it enough. I'm going to change that.
- Spend more time with my family: I'm the oldest of 6 siblings and I have a lot of fun spending time with all of them. I live with the oldest of the 6 and 4 of the others live right up the road. I'm thinking movie and game nights!
- Be a better penpal: I'm part of a penpal group and have been terrible about sending anything out! I did participate in this years Christmas Swap but that's pretty much it. I love getting things in the mail and I love sending things out. I'm going to pick up postcard making supplies soon and get started :)
- Consume less sugar: Not only do I want to do this because too much sugar is not a good thing, but I think I may need to see a doctor. I suspect that I may have a sugar problem. I can never eat sweets in the morning because it literally will make me sick. Soda and sweet tea give me a headache anytime I drink them. You would think that would have been enough for me to stop drinking them already-but I haven't. I MUST consume less sugar.
- Try to see the good in everything instead of the bad: I had a streak of bad luck recently and someone brought it to my attention that it could have been worse. And they're right. I was only seeing the negative side of those things and not the good. I've always felt as though I was a glass half full rather than a glass half empty person. At least that's who I want to be. So here's a step in the right direction :)
What are your new year's resolutions? List them, share them, and track them at 43things!
Happy New Year!!!